Mexican MigasCourse: BreakfastCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Migas is a traditional dish in Spanish cuisine. Originally a breakfast dish that made use of leftover bread or tortas. Migas is usually served as a first course for lunch or dinner in restaurants in Spain.
The ingredients of Migas vary across the provinces of Spain.
2 to 3 Tbsp cooking oil of your choice
2 store-bought white or yellow corn tortillas
a small pat of butter
2 large eggs
salt to taste
- In a preheated pan on medium heat, add cooking oil
- Hand rip corn tortillas in to small square pieces and add to pan
- Fry and toast corn tortilla pieces until crisp and toasted well
- Once corn tortilla pieces toasted, add pat of butter, eggs, combine and cook to desired doneness
- Finish with salt to taste and serve