Mexican Pollo EncacahuatadoCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
1 1/2 kg. of cooked Chicken
4 guajillo peppers without veins or seeds
1 dry chipotle chili
2 Arbol chilies
A piece of onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 Tsp. of cumin
2 Tbsp. of sesame
1 Cup of baked peanut
5 Black peppers
A little piece of cinnamon
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chilies and fry until they are brown. (Make sure you don’t burn them)
- Remove the chilies and add onion and garlic in the saucepan and fry until is turns golden brown
- Now add the spices, cloves, pepper, allspice, cinnamon and cumin. Mix them well.
- Add tomatoes and let is simmer for 5 minutes
- Now add the fried chilies and 2 cups of chicken broth (used to cook the chicken) and cook the mixture until the chilies soften
- In a pan roast sesame and peanuts add it to the mixture, let it cook. Keep the mixture aside to cool down once it is cooked
- Blend the mixture with the help of a blender.
- Now add 2 tbsp of oil in the saucepan, add the blended mixture and salt in it. Simmer it for 2 minutes.
- Once the gravy begins to boil, add the chicken in it cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Delicious Pollo Encacahuatado is ready to be served.