Indian Egg Butter MasalaCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Hard boiled eggs – 6 Nos
Butter – 2 tbsp
Onions (chopped) – 2 Nos
Tomato (Deseeded & Chopped) – 2 Nos
Kasuri methi – 1/4 tsp
Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves (Chopped) – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste – 1/2 tsp
Ginger – Garlic paste – 2 tsp
Cashewnuts – 12 Nos
Cardamon – 2
Cloves – 4
Cinnamon stick – 1/2 inch
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Water – 50 ml or as needed
- Boil and deshell the eggs.
- Heat butter in a utensil and fry eggs till light brown colour, remove and sst side.
- Heat remaining butter and saute onions, tomatoes and cashew nuts for 3 mins.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder ans coriander powder and saute for 2 mins.
- cool the mixture and grind into smooth paste using little water (try to make it thick paste other wise the masala will be runny)
- Heat the remaining batch of butter.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, cloves and saute for 30 secs.
- Add the Ginger-Garlic Paste and saute for 1 mins.
- Add the blended tomato – Onion mixture along with the residual water of the masala. Cook for 5 mins
- Add Kasuri methi and the eggs
- Give a quick stir.
- Cover the lid and cook for 2 mins.
- Finish it off by drizzling fresh cream and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with Hot Rotis or Rice.